Play the broadest range of audio and video files and formats
- Play the broadest range of audio and video files and formats. Enjoy
the smoothest, brightest, and most natural visuals. Using PowerDVD you
can experience high-definition audio and 8-channel expansion. Navigate
quickly with shortcuts, bookmarks and other cool controls. Expand your
features online with DVD enhancement packs
Unsurpassed Video Quality
Intensely Vivid Images
second generation of CyberLink's world-renowned video enhancing
technology makes images brighter and colors more natural. CLEV-2
adjusts a scene's chroma and luminance to enhance image detail, and
thus achieves the best possible results for LCD/CRT monitors and
playback of overly dark or bright DVD movies.
Smart Video Deinterlacing
adaptive video deinterlacing technology ensures a smoother and clearer
video image while playing video files and DVDs. Deinterlacing is
unavoidable as a result of playing interlaced DVD video on modern
high-definition (mainly non-interlaced) displays (e.g. TVs). Without
advanced deinterlacing, video can appear jagged, blotchy, shadowy, or
blurry. CyberLink's intelligent deinterlacing technology retains video
quality and minimizes distortion by analyzing video frame-by-frame and
dynamically applying adaptive deinterlacing only when necessary.
also have a choice of deinterlacing options, including automatic
deinterlacing or user-defined settings. Defining how deinterlacing is
performed and by what algorithm is also an option: Pixel Adaptive
, Median or Bob.
supports multiple display ratios, letting users play 4:3 DVD movies on
widescreen displays and 16:9 DVD movies on 4:3 displays. A natural
stretching technology is utilized to avoid losses that would otherwise
be created by Pan & Scan cropping or Letterbox display
Superior Audio Fidelity
Cinematic Surround Sound
second generation of CyberLink's proprietary audio technology expands
2-channel audio into multi-channel audio (e.g. CD expanded to 5.1
channels). CLMEI-2 maps stereo or general surround sound and converts
it for output via a maximum of 7.1-channel systems. Music mode, Movie
mode, and the unique Onstage music modes are offered.
Virtual Surround Sound
Virtual Surround technologies simulates the feeling of surround sound
when multi-channel audio is played via two speakers or headphones (CLVS
and CLHP). PowerDVD provides a choice of three audio environments for
CLVS: Living Room, Theater, and Stadium.
Virtual Surround Sound
Headphone and CyberLink Virtual Surround let you enjoy a wider sound
image and virtual surround experience via two speakers or headphones.
To play DVDs
· Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 or 1280 x 1024
· Screen Ratio: 4:3 or 16:9 widescreen
· Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz (Pentium 4 3.0 GHz or above recommended)
· AMD Sempron 2600+ 1.6 GHz (Athlon 64 2800+ 1.8GHz or above recommended)
· Memory: for XP: 256 MB, for Vista: 512 MB
· Graphics Card: AGP or PCI Express graphic accelerator supporting DirectX 9.0.
· Sound Card: PCI sound card or on-board audio.
· Optical Drive DVD-ROM, DVD-ROM/CD-RW combo, DVD-R/RW, DVD+RW or DVD-RAM drive for playing VCDs and DVDs.
To play Blu-ray Discs
· Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080
· Screen Ratio: 16:9 widescreen
Intel: Pentium 4 541 3.2 GHz, Pentium D 840 3.2 GHz, Pentium D 930 3.0
GHz, 935 3.2GHz or 940 3.2 GHz, Core Duo T2400 1.83 GHz, Pentium M 755
2.0 GHz, Core 2 Duo E4300 1.8 GHz, or T5600 1.83 GHz
· AMD: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0 GHz or 4000+ 2.0 GHz, Turion 64 X2 TL-50 1.6 GHz, TL-52 1.6 GHz or TL-56 1.8 GHz
· Memory: for XP: 512 MB, for Vista: 1 GB
· Hard Disk Space: 150 MB
· Intel 965G
nVidia: GeForce 7600 GT, GeForce 7800 GTX 512, GeForce 7900 GX2,
GeForce 7900 GTX, GeForce 7950 GX2, GeForce 8400 series, GeForce 8500
series, GeForce 8600 series, GeForce 8800 series
· ATI: ATI Radeon X1600 series, X1800 series, X1900 series
· Sound Card: PCI sound card or on-board audio
· Optical Drive: Blu-ray Disc drive for playing Blu-ray Discs and DVDs.